HOW TO SUBMIT TO THE LONDON OFFICE
Find more information about writing for all the Mills & Boon series at millsandboon.co.uk or at eharlequin.com. Our Meet the Editors podcast is also available from eharlequin.com. More detailed guidelines are available on request, accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope or email email@example.com
Submissions ProcedureMills & Boon require the first three chapters and a short synopsis of the story. The synopsis of your story should give a clear idea of both your plot and characters and be no more than two pages. Your covering letter should outline pertinent facts about yourself as a writer including your familiarity with the romance genre and previous publishing experience. Please indicate what series you think your project is appropriate for, and if it is completed.
SEND YOUR SUBMISSION TO:
Harlequin Mills & Boon Ltd
18-24 Paradise Road
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1SR
Email: We now also accept queries or submissions by email. Please send any email submissions as a single Word document attachment, consisting of your covering letter, 3 chapters and synopsis, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following information:
- Harlequin Mills & Boon Limited publishes category romance and women’s fiction. Please see the guidelines for each series for details.
- All material should be the author’s own original work. Stories that contain scenes or plot lines that bear a striking resemblance to previously published work are in breach of copyright law and are not acceptable.
- All material must be typewritten and double-spaced. Each page should be numbered sequentially and please type your name and title in the upper left-hand corner of each page.
- If you are posting your work to us, do not submit your material bound in binders, boxes or containers of any kind. Secure material by rubber bands. Cover sheets must have your complete name, address and phone number. You must enclose a self-addressed envelope if you wish the return of your material. Please send an envelope large enough to accommodate your work and adequate postage in the form of stamps, international postage coupons or an international money order, as appropriate.
- We now accept submissions via email – email@example.com. Please email your submission as a Word document attachment. Please note that any further correspondence will then be sent to you by way of the email address you supply.
- All material will be evaluated in as timely a fashion as volume allows. You will be notified when your submission has been received. We do our best to respond to submissions within 12-18 weeks.
- Do not send any material that is being considered by another publisher. Multiple submissions are not acceptable. A literary agent is not required in order to submit.
- These guidelines should help you understand our requirements and standards. However, there is no better way to determine what we are looking for than reading our books.
- We enter into discussions about payment only when a contract is offered.
- We take every reasonable care of manuscripts while they are with us and will return any which prove unsuitable (provided return postage is supplied), but we cannot take responsibility for the vagaries of the post office, or cyberspace, so please be sure to retain a copy of your manuscript.
Copyright © 2009 Harlequin Mills & Boon Ltd. ® and ™ are trademarks owned and used by the trademark owner and/or its licensee.